Workforce Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in the power of teamwork and in creating a great place to work for all our associates, no matter their race, age, gender, sexual orientation or military status. At SiteOne, a culture in which all our associates are respected and valued is critical. Our diversity and inclusion efforts focus on creating a work environment that is respectful and supportive of each of our associates and which places the team first.
- Diversity & Inclusion Council
We are creating a Diversity & Inclusion Council that will consist of Associate Resource Group (ARG) leaders, select operational/functional leaders, our Executive Vice President of Human Resources and our Chief Executive Officer. Responsibilities of the Council will include:
- Assisting the executive leadership team in the creation and execution of a Diversity & Inclusion strategy, including key action items and milestones
- Ensuring a strong connection of the Diversity & Inclusion strategy with business and operational goals
- Providing ongoing assessments and measuring results
- Partnering with leadership to identify and execute Diversity and Inclusion educational content
- Providing support and guidance for associate resource groups by driving awareness and ensuring consistency in strategies and communications
- Enhanced Diversity Training
SiteOne will implement additional Diversity & Inclusion and Bias Training for leaders and associates and implement Teamwork & Collaboration training for all associates.
- Partnership with Sigma Alpha
We are a new corporate partner with Sigma Alpha, a professional agricultural sorority that promotes scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship among its members. In addition to our sponsorship, we launched a mentorship program designed exclusively for Sigma Alpha sisters who have an interest in the Green Industry. The mentorship program currently boasts 65 participants.
- SiteOne.com In Spanish
Our customers and our suppliers also represent a diverse group of business owners and employees from many backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures. We support our Spanish speaking customers by offering bilingual signage in our branch locations and we now offer a Spanish-language version of our e-Commerce website.
- Women in the Green Industry Event
The Women in the Green Industry event is an annual event for SiteOne customers, associates and supply partners focusing on product knowledge, business training and networking to help women grow personally and professionally in the landscape industry. The event has been hosted by SiteOne or its predecessor company since 1995.