If you update your home branch it may affect items currently in your cart.
Soil Amendment Coverage Rates
The Measure of Success
“What’s the coverage rate?” It’s one of the most common questions we are asked by our customers pertaining to mulch and straw. Here's a quick reference guide to help address this frequently asked question.
- The average bale of pine straw is nearly 4 cubic feet.
- Most customers spread the pine straw to a depth of 2 ½" when they are working in an area that hasn't had pine straw previously. You can expect that a bale will cover approximately 40 square feet.
- If a customer is over-strawing an area that has previously been covered in pine straw, you can expect that same bale to cover approximately 70 square feet.
- When you are spreading the wheat straw by hand, one bale will cover approximately 500 square feet.
- If you are using a blower to spread the wheat straw, one bale will cover approximately 1,000 square feet.
One 3CF bag will cover:
12 square feet = 3" deep
18 square feet = 2" deep
36 square feet = 1" deep
One cubic yard will cover:
108 square feet = 3" deep
162 square feet = 2" deep
324 square feet = 1" deep
Note: Nine 3CF bags or fourteen 2CF bags are equivalent to 1 cubic yard. A pallet of 3CF bags usually contains 45 bags so it is equivalent to 5 yards of bulk
Get our new Mobile app
Keep your business moving with the go-to app for landscape professionals.