COVID-19 Update: How SiteOne is Preparing and Responding
March 18, 2020
“As we all watch the current global situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and see the impact it is having on our daily lives, our communities and our businesses, we at SiteOne are keeping the safety of our associates, customers and suppliers as our top priority while continuing to deliver quality products and exceptional service to our customers and communities,” said Doug Black, Chairman and CEO of SiteOne. “We are monitoring developments and following all appropriate recommendations from health and government authorities while proactively facilitating safe behaviors, minimizing potential exposures and maintaining safe and healthy environments in our branches and other facilities.”
Some of our specific actions include the following:
Safety and Welfare:
- Our locations have been equipped with additional supplies and instructions for cleaning and sanitizing high-traffic and high-touch areas like counters, door handles and bathrooms
- We are displaying signage with hygiene reminders for associates and customers
- We have educated our associates on CDC guidelines and recommendations for personal hygiene and preventative measures
- We have eliminated non-essential travel for associates and cancelled events and company gatherings to help limit exposure
- We are asking associates not to initiate personal travel to any high-risk areas identified by the CDC, and for those that do, to remain away from the workplace for 14 days
- Where possible, our associates are working from home to reduce the risk of exposure
- We have modified our time-off policies to accommodate associates who have been directly or indirectly impacted by COVID-19 to minimize financial hardship and loss of sick, personal or vacation time
- Earlier this year we leveraged our national distribution network to buy forward for select products and ensure that our branches remain well-stocked to support our customers.
- We are encouraging our customers to submit orders by phone, email and/or through SiteOne.com in order to have them delivered or staged for pick up to promote social distancing.
- To facilitate the use of our online platform, we are conducting additional remote customer training for SiteOne.com.
“These are challenging times and our professional customers continue to be busy providing essential services to residential and commercial customers in our communities,” continues Black. “We at SiteOne are prepared to support them in this unique and challenging time while aggressively promoting their safety and the safety of our associates and suppliers. Our branches are well-stocked and remain open for business and I am extremely proud of our tremendous team as we work together to adapt and overcome during this difficult time.”
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates on any major changes through SiteOne.com/covid-19.
About SiteOne Landscape Supply:
SiteOne Landscape Supply (NYSE: SITE), is the largest and only national wholesale distributor of landscape supplies in the United States and has a growing presence in Canada. Our customers are primarily residential and commercial landscape professionals who specialize in the design, installation and maintenance of lawns, gardens, golf courses and other outdoor spaces.
SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc.
SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc.
Greg Kirksey, 470-277-7164