PRIVACY AND DATA STATEMENT
SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. (the "Company," "we" or "SiteOne") respects the privacy of its customers and of users of and visitors to its website. This Privacy Statement explains how SiteOne collects, uses and discloses "Personal Information" (as defined below) via its website, mobile applications and other services (collectively, "Services"). By using our Services, you consent to this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with all the items in this Privacy Statement, you must not use our Services. If you have additional questions, please contact us at the address provided below.
1. How We Collect Information & Data
2. Types of Information & Data We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
SiteOne collects the following types of Personal Information:
- Identifiers We store information that helps us to identify and to communicate with you, such as your name, title, phone number, username, date of birth, gender, mailing address, and email address.
- Business Relationship Information This information helps us understand who you are and what you want in order to offer you products and services that may interest you. This information may include your business, employer name, job history, and job sites.
- Transaction Information We may track how you interact with SiteOne, our suppliers and business partners and our Services, including service inquiries and customer accounts. When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction. This may include product details, purchase price, date, tender type and location of the transaction. It may also include account notes about the transaction.
- Payment and Financial Account Information This includes your payment card information and billing address, credit information and information about financing and leasing activities.
- Browsing and Usage Information When you use our internet-based Services, some information is collected automatically, including as described in the section Cookies and Similar Collection Technologies below. For example, when you visit our websites, our web servers automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, the website you visited before our site, and your activity on our websites. We also collect information about what products and services you browse or express an interest in and we track your activity on our Services and websites where our advertising is served, such as which pages and ads you view or click on. We may also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services. This may include the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information. We may also collect or infer information about your general location when you access or use the Services. If you enable location services on your device, we collect more precise geolocation information.
- Video and Images from Branch /Cameras Some branches use cameras in and around the branch to capture video and images. We may use these videos and images for security, fraud, loss prevention, law enforcement or incident reporting, or other operational purposes, such as analyzing traffic patterns.
- Call Recordings and Chat Transcripts. We record and store telephone calls and chat transcripts for a period of time when you interact with our customer or technical support personnel.
- Inferences We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online to created inferences about you and your preferences.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
We may collect information about you from other sources that we may combine or link with information we have about you. We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We may collect information in the following ways:
- We collect information passively. We use tools like browser cookies and flash cookies to collect information when you use our websites or interact with our emails. We may also use cameras and other technologies at our branches.
- Other Parties You Engage With. We receive information from parties with which you engage and who offer their products and services to you. These companies may share some information with us about you or your experience with them, such as the items or services you purchased and your contact information.
- Vendors, Product Suppliers, or Service Providers We receive information, including identification information, contact information, demographic information and purchase information from our vendors, product suppliers, and service providers.
3. How SiteOne Uses Information & Data
SiteOne uses Personal Information for a variety of purposes (the "Purposes"), including:
- Product and Customer Service Support: to fulfill requests for products and services, including technical support, training, rewards and credit services and to deliver information such as product improvement, incentive program and product safety or recall communications
- Marketing and Advertising: to provide you with communications and offers for products and services from SiteOne or our suppliers and partners, including offers based on your interests, prior purchases, personal and business characteristics and location
- Surveys & Promotional Events:to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs and other promotional events
- Eligibility: to determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers
- Communications: to provide you with information that may be of interest, such as SiteOne or supplier news, catalogs, announcements, reminders, and technical service bulletins.
- Legal, Security, and Safety Reasons: to protect our rights and the rights of our customers and employees, communicating product recalls or safety notices, detecting, investigating, or preventing fraud and other illegal activities, and addressing legal and regulatory compliance obligations, or verifying your identity in connection with requests made under this Privacy Statement.
- Manage Business Needs:such as product development, product safety, regulatory changes, contract management, administration of the Services, web-forum management, order or contract fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- Personalization: to understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our products and Services.
- For any other purpose described to you at the time information is collected.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we may collect from different sources to give you a more personalized experience. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of eighteen.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We limit our sharing of Personal Information as follows:
- Primary Accountholder or Administrator. If you designate an administrator to manage your account, we may share contact information for accounts with that administrator.
- Affiliates and Suppliers, such as affiliated companies, suppliers, and business partners.
- Service Providers, such as delivery providers, payment processors, vendors or other third parties.
- Marketing or Advertising Partners, such as to deliver ads either online or in person or as part of an advertising campaign.
- Law Enforcement or Other Governmental Authorities to comply with law.
- Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties: (i) where we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation
5. Cookies and Similar Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons. We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to SiteOne and the website you visit after you leave our site.In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. Additionally, if the settings on your geo-aware mobile devices permit our mobile applications to collect location information, we will collect that information automatically. This Statement governs how we use all of this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.SiteOne has relationships with third party advertising and analytics companies to perform tracking and reporting functions for our web processing. These companies may place cookies on your computer so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising and analytics companies should not collect Personal Information in this process, and we do not give Personal Information to them as part of this process.
If you want to remove or block cookies and similar collection technology, you may be able to update your browser settings (consult your browser’s “help” menu). You can find instructions on how to manage collection technology on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 16, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Your Choices
You can limit the information you provide to SiteOne. You can also limit the communications that SiteOne sends to you. To opt-out of marketing emails, you can visit our website and communicate your choice to the relevant privacy contact. Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving future marketing emails by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of marketing emails we send you.Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing material, we may still need to contact you with important Transactional Information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, we may still send you a confirmation when you register with our Services, notify you of changes to this Statement or send product safety or recall communications.You can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other similar collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser or interface. You can manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with SiteOne, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
8. Information & Data Security
SiteOne uses various controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information, such as encrypted transmission and access-controlled storage. Even so, technical mistakes are possible. No service provider, including SiteOne, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
9. “Do Not Track” Disclosure
We do not collect or respond to Do Not Track signals and our websites do not function differently based on any Do Not Track preferences that may be received. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
10. Transfer of Information & Data to Other Countries
The Company is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by or transferred to the United States or to our affiliates and data processors elsewhere in the world for the Purposes described in this Privacy Statement. When we access or transfer Personal Information, we do so in compliance with applicable law. Additionally, we take steps to protect the privacy and security of Personal Information, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
11. Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information and data by SiteOne. Other websites that may be accessible through this website have their own privacy policies and practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
12. Job Applicants
If you have applied for employment with SiteOne, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used for recruitment and other internal human resources purposes and, if applicable, may be shared with third party service providers engaged by us to assist us with employment and background check matters.