Effective Date: August 1, 2023
Our California Notice at Collection and Supplement Notice for California Residents provides a quick summary of the personal information we collect and can be found by clicking here.
This Privacy Notice applies to applicants and prospective employees (collectively, “Applicants”) and employees, contractors, contingent and other personnel (collectively, “Workers”) whose personal information SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. may collect and process in the course of its Human Resources Operations, from submission of an application, throughout the course of an individual’s tenure with the Company, and following such employment or services (collectively, the “Human Resources Operations”). Our Notice at Collection and Supplement Notice for California Residents provides a quick summary of the personal information we collect and can be found by clicking here.
The terms “SiteOne,” “we,” “us,” and “our” include SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries. This Privacy Notice explains the kinds of information we may collect, how we intend to use and share that information, and the rights you may have related to these processing activities.
SiteOne collects personal information from Applicants and Workers as described below.
Personal Information We Collect from You Directly. We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Profile/Demographic Information. Name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, passport number, driver’s license number, driving record, Social Security number or other government-issued identification number, employment history, education information, professional qualifications, salary information, financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll, language abilities, contact information of third parties in case of an emergency, beneficiaries under any benefit program, and other information that may be recorded on a resume/CV or application form. We may also collect other sensitive personal information such as details of health and disability, including medical information, health insurance information, mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave; information about national origin or immigration status; and optional demographic information such as race or veteran status, which helps us achieve our diversity goals.
- Communications with Us. Personal information such as personal contact information when an Applicant or Worker communicates with us, for example to inquire about employee benefits.
- Posting on Intra-Company Sites. SiteOne may offer intra-company accessible sites, pages, messaging channels, blogs, or forums (“Intra-Company Sites”). SiteOne and other individuals who use the Intra-Company Sites may collect the information you submit or make available through these sites. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Intra-Company Sites, such content will be considered “public” and may not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically.
- Use of SiteOne Information Technology Systems and Networks. SiteOne may collect certain information automatically through the course of your application, employment, or services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, inferred location based on your IP address or activities, device identifiers associated with your computer or device, mobile carrier and related information, activity logs, and other information about activities you engage in on SiteOne property, equipment, accounts, systems and networks. SiteOne may monitor and review Workers’ uses of SiteOne equipment, accounts, information technology systems and networks, including its phone networks, computer networks, including those used to access the Internet, videoconferencing systems and other company-provided electronic communications tools. SiteOne may access and review electronic files, messages, and emails sent or stored on its information technology systems, including accounts, computers and devices provided to Workers.
- Please note that you have no expectation of privacy while at SiteOne premises or using SiteOne information technology systems, devices, networks, and electronic communication tools. Please also note that this Privacy Notice does not establish, and should not be construed to mean, that all Workers will have access to, or will participate in, the systems, networks, data, programs and other business activities described in this Privacy Notice.
- CCTV Footage. SiteOne may monitor its premises using CCTV cameras.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may ask you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily.
- Contests. Occasionally, SiteOne may run contests. We ask those who participate to provide information relevant to the contest, which may include personal information.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Location. SiteOne has the ability to locate SiteOne equipment, such as through the mobile device management solution.
Information from Other Sources. We may collect or receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, where permitted by law, we may conduct background and credit checks on you prior to your employment with SiteOne.
Miscellaneous Information. We may receive or collect other miscellaneous information (for example, information you choose to disclose during the interview process, whether in oral or written form, opinions generated during the interview process, and information provided to us during performance reviews).
We process personal information for a variety of business purposes including:
- To assess your suitability, aptitude, skills, qualifications, and interests for employment with or provision of services to SiteOne;
- To communicate with you about the application process and/or your application;
- To assist you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit (where required and requested by you);
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into a relationship with you (for example, after we have sent you an offer, to process certain personal information to enter into and commence employment);
- Workflow management, including assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Human Resources Operations administration and communication;
- Payroll and the provision of benefits;
- Compensation, including bonuses and long-term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs;
- To pursue our legitimate interests (for example, fraud prevention, network and information security, disclosure to affiliated organizations for administrative tasks, Worker monitoring for safety or management, whistleblowing schemes, enforcement of legal claims, and research purposes);
- Job grading activities;
- Performance and Worker development management;
- Organizational development and succession planning;
- Benefits and personnel administration;
- Absence management;
- Helpdesk and IT support services;
- Internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- Internal or external audits;
- Where it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Restructuring and relocation;
- Emergency contacts and services;
- Worker safety;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- Processing of Worker expenses and travel charges;
- Acquisitions, divestitures, and integrations; and
- As you otherwise agree or consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information as described in this Privacy Notice (e.g., with our third-party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission.
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. SiteOne may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include service providers for: (i) maintaining our Human Resources Operations; and (ii) the provision of IT and related services.
Affiliates and Subsidiaries. SiteOne may share personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries for our and our affiliates’ and subsidiaries’ internal business purposes.
Displaying to Other Individuals. When you post content about yourself to the Intra-Company Site(s), other individuals may be able to see some information about you, such as your name and/or picture in addition to the content you post. While we expected all Workers to follow SiteOne’s policies and the Associate Handbook, we are not responsible for practices of the individuals who view and use your information.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your personal information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal processes, such as court orders or subpoenas; (ii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iii) enforce our policies or contracts; (iv) collect amounts owed to us; or (v) assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another entity, your information may be transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information collected via or by SiteOne may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States, in order to carry out our Human Resources Operations. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS IN PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access to and portability of your personal information, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receiving an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or asking us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information, or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction;
- Request deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law;
- Request restriction of or object to our processing of your personal information, including the right to (i) withdraw your consent to processing, (ii) object to, or restrict processing of your sensitive personal information for certain purposes, or (iii) opt out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you, if applicable, where each such requests are permitted by law; and
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. You may also opt-out by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” below, or by submitting the online privacy request form found here.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, SiteOne will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment or be retaliated against for exercising these rights.
An agent authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request to exercise the rights described above related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable request on behalf of your minor child. To authorize an agent, provide written authorization signed by you and your designated agent and contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below for additional instructions.
SiteOne retains the personal information we receive as described in this Privacy Notice for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, carry out our Human Resources Operations, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, comply with applicable laws, or based upon other criteria, including, but not limited to, the sensitivity and volume of such data. Additionally, we endeavor to retain all such personal information in accordance with legal requirements.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Unfortunately, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
Various resources and sites at SiteOne may contain links to third party websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to SiteOne. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage Applicants and Workers to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE AND PRACTICES
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you as required by applicable law. You understand and agree that you will be deemed to have accepted the updated Privacy Notice if you continue your employment with or services to the SiteOne after the new Privacy Notice takes effect. If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the Privacy Notice in effect, you must immediately contact Human Resources.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Privacy Notice or would like to exercise any privacy rights, please contact SiteOne by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write or call us using the contact information below:
SiteOne Landscape Supply
Data Privacy c/o Legal Department
300 Colonial Center Parkway, Suite 600
NOTICE AT COLLECTION AND SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following table describes the categories of personal information Company has collected and the categories of third parties to which such information has been disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months:
Category of Personal Information Collected by SiteOne
Category of Third Parties to which Information is Disclosed
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number or other similar identifiers.
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Sensitive personal information
A social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number, an account log-in, financial account, precise geolocation, racial or ethnic origin, , contents of a consumer’s mail, email, and text messages.
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), and, veteran or military status.
Physical location or movements (of Company-owned vehicles, tools or other devices)
Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
Inferences about individual preferences, characteristics and behaviors
Internet or other Electronic Network Activity such as browsing and usage information
Audio, Electronic, and Visual Information including video images from cameras at our locations
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information are described above in the section titled “Personal Information We Collect” and include directly from you, automatically when you use our technologies, and from third-parties such as service providers that provide background check information.
We use the data we collect about you for the business purpose of Human Resource Operations including administering your employment application, records, benefits, and relationship with SiteOne as an Applicant or Worker. More details about the business purposes can be found in the section titled “How We Use Your Information.” In addition, we may share any data we hold about you with the parties described above. Processing of sensitive personal information is carried out exclusively for the purposes outlined above, to the extent permitted under law. This processing activity may include service providers and government entities.
“Sales” of Personal Information and “Sharing” of Personal Information for Advertising Purposes
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
The categories of data we share for cross contextual advertising and targeted advertising include:
- Online Identifiers such as IP address, marketing id, device identifiers and characteristics,
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity, such as Browsing and Usage
- Inferences about individual preferences, characteristics, and behaviors; and,
- Each of these categories may have been shared with our Marketing and Advertising Partners for the purpose of providing targeted advertising and marketing.
Data Retention. SiteOne retains the personal information we receive as described in this Privacy Notice for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, carry out our Human Resources Operations, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, comply with applicable laws, or based upon other criteria, including, but not limited to, the sensitivity and volume of such data. Additionally, we endeavor to retain all such personal information in accordance with legal requirements.