Green industry professionals can lower advertising and marketing costs raise prices and grow their business with a successful word-of-mouth marketing program.
August 15, 2021
Marketing effectiveness builds over time. Being in the market with a consistent and dependable message, while delivering superior service and a dependable product, will generate a new business referral for your company. Word-of-mouth marketing is the best referral you can get. You can dramatically lower your advertising and marketing costs, raise your prices and help your business grow by building a successful word-of-mouth marketing program into your business.
To improve your company's word-of-mouth marketing program, gain a stronger grasp on the transactional costs your business incurs to generate a referral. Review the hidden costs your current accounting system might not be measuring. For example:
- The time spent patiently explaining to your customer how their new system works
- The time spent sweeping the walk and leaving the job-site litter free and cleaner than when you arrived
- The follow-up phone call a week later to ask the customer if their system is working to their satisfaction
- Revisiting the job site because your customer tinkered with a sprinkler head or controller
- Keeping in touch with your customers for start-ups and winterizations so they remember who you are
- Calling back three months later to insure customer satisfaction
- Having clean and well-kept trucks
- Sending thank you notes to customers
- Sending follow-up customer satisfaction surveys
- Making sure you and your crews wear professional apparel