When harsh winter weather arrives, SiteOne Landscape Supply has a solution. We are one of the leading ice melt suppliers for landscapers and contractors. Order wholesale liquid or granular ice melt for walkways, driveways, stairs and other surfaces. You can obtain ice melt by shopping online or at a local SiteOne branch. We stock the top brands and have experts available to answer your questions during business hours.
What Are the Different Types of Ice Melt?
There are many types of ice melt raw materials used for snow and, of course, ice. Let’s look at the most common ice-melt options.
- Calcium Chloride — A fast-acting option for extreme cold, it can melt ice at temperatures down to -25 °F.
- Magnesium Chloride — This ice melt is less corrosive to concrete or vegetation but works slower. It has a melting temperature of -13 °F.
- Liquid Sodium or Calcium Chloride — A brine of Sodium or Calcium, this liquid is less expensive and more eco-friendly with a melting temperature of -6 °F.
- Calcium Magnesium Acetate - This de-icer can be effective in stopping ice from forming down to around -17.5 °F. Does not contain chlorides - safer for the environment and biodegradable. Can be quite expensive.
- Sodium Chloride — Also known as “rock salt,” it’s the least expensive option, but only has a melting temperature of 20 °F and can be = corrosive to concrete surfaces and vegetation
Tips for Using Ice Melt
Prices may vary from branch to branch and online. Branch is not responsible for the errors or omissions in pricing and quantity. Suppliers of the products listed on this Web site are subject to change at any time. While the individuals and entities responsible for this catalog attempt to provide accurate supplier information, for these reasons and others, the suppliers noted may not be the supplier of the product ultimately sold by SiteOne or distributors of products.